GetFitY’all is (I’m making this up as I go)
- a Fitbit personal fun project that is to help me learn more about the Fitbit API but more importantly in the scheme of Internet of Things (IoT), really use my Fitbit One as it really is, a special-purpose device that is one of the thousands of items which I own, which is also a smart product that could send a bunch of telemetry data that it already collects into the cloud.
- Beyond that I also want to test out some IoT patterns which allows me to control the device. While there is limited commands I could issue to my Fitbit one, some of the more useful and obvious commands are setting an alarm, and also changing the timezone as I travel.
- I will be creating a proxy of a device gateway that is the connection gateway which allows all my special-purpose devices to connect.
- While the Fitbit One never initiates a connection, I will be creating a client proxy for it as well to test the telemetry, inquiry and command patterns to be truly tested between my device (the thing) and the device gateway.
- Device gateway will be implemented simply using the Azure Service Bus and the client proxy will be using a wire-level protocol called AMQP. Sounds cool already huh?
Let’s get started!